1. Match the two sentences in the following lists:
1. Christmas a. send 1.6 billion greeting cards at Christmas.
2. Americans b. is celebrated by many Afro-Americans.
3. The Revolution Cycling c. Pudding Race is on 3 December in London.
4. Kwanzaa d. Champions League can be watched in London.
5. Maple syrup e. comes from the sap of the maple tree.
2. Read the texts more carefully and answer the following questions:
1. When does the Great London Christmas Pudding Race take place?
2. How many Christmas cards do Americans send at Christmas?
3. When is the Revolution Cycling Champions League final?
4. Who was born on 2 December?
5. How long does Kwanzaa last.
6. How many copies were sold of the last Harry Potter book in the first 72 hours?
3.Complete the following sentences with the correct names.
1. ________ is a girl who sees that her island is in danger.
2. ________ is an orphan girl in the film Ballerina.
3. The army of stormtroopers and ________ star in the new Rogue One film.
4. ________ is a 16 year old girl who moves with her family to Buenos Aires.
5.Joanne is the title of ____________’ s new album.
4.Read the texts again more carefully and answer the following questions:
1. What is in danger in the film Moana?
2. What does Félicie dream of becoming?
3. Where does the film Rogue One come of the Star Wars saga?
4. Where does Luna move from?
5. What kind of sounds does Lay Gaga’s album have?
6. Who are Twenty One Pilots?
7. How many number one songs does The Weeknd have?
5.True or false? If they are false you must correct them.
- Lady Gaga’s new album is called Marianne.
- It is Lady Gaga’s fourth album.
- Twenty One Pilots make a mix of pop and hard-core.
- They say they want to make music that makes people think.
- The Weeknd has a new album called Moonboy.
- French electronic duo Rinocerose produced the album.
6.Read the pages carefully to answer the following questions:
1. When is “Drake Day”?
2. What is Drake’s hometown city?
3. What does he mix in his vocals?
4. What does the media say about him?
5. When did he get a role in a Canadian TV series?
6. What is he worried about?